Old 04-29-21, 07:46 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
I just scrolled through TPC road bike offerings out of curiosity. I was surprised to find several carbon fiber bikes in Medium size that have been damaged and repaired. (Edit: Still scrolling... it seems like almost every medium size carbon road bike on their site seems to have been damaged and repaired...)

In each description they clearly note this and mention that the repair was done by a shop in Boulder and comes with a 5 year warranty, but it does seem a bit strange. I've never seen a bike with frame damage/repair on their site before, but maybe I just haven't noticed.
Their stock is decimated, you're seeing the bottom of the barrel. They had a ton of bikes in January but they've sold almost everything good. They were actually running a 10% sale briefly at the end of 2020, those days are long gone. If they get something good in stock in a popular size, it's gone instantly. Their prices are very high right now, they're charging almost new bike prices for stuff that's 2-3 years old. It's the world we're in right now. As I said above,at least if you buy from them you're going to get what you paid for.

Personally,I've given up buying another bike this year, even though I'm in the market for a new MTB. 2022-2023 is going to be the time to buy used stuff from TPC. I'll do business with them again and I'll bet they are flooded with bikes in the next couple of years.