Old 04-30-21, 11:35 AM
woofalot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wonky dead hub motor driving me insane!!!

i've spent fffffar too many hours of my life trying to sort this out but the hunt for an answer continues. it's a basic bafang 350w SWX02 hubmotor using a 36v battery. one day it just kind of sputtered to a standstill. eventually, i bought one of those Chinese testers, opened the motor up, and found that one of the hall sensors was frozen on. figured bad hall sensor. rather than attempt to replace the bad one, i bought a sensor/sensorless controller from amazon, along w/ a new throttle/display to go with it. obviously, i'm trying to go sensorless. so, i hooked everything up and after many failures, finally got the display to light up and all my checking with a multimeter suggested all was well, including the power into a motor. did the phase wire test and got the requisite sluggish turning of the wheel. shorted the on/off wires into the throttle so it's all current all the time. and yet nothing nada zippo. a turn of the throttle produces only more silence and frustration.

two things suggest themselves to me. the motor is rated for 10A, while the controller is for 17A. may return it for that reason but even so that shouldnt stop the wheel from turning, right?

last possibility from my limited knowledge is ... i've read that when you have the phase wires hooked up to the tester, they should light up the phase lights one after the other sequentially. in my case, they all flicker to life at once as the wheel turns. could that be it? what would that mean?

i thought it might be because i still had the old hall wires hooked up to the new controller, so i just removed them. didn't matter. well, maybe the contoller couldn't tell i was going hall/less, so, i hooked up the learning wire using instructions i found online: disconnect battery, connect learning wire, turn battery on ... crickets.

what else could it be? i know power is getting to the motor, since i've used the multi meter on connections inside the damn thing. and now i don't know what to do or try next, other to buy a fifth of vodka and call it a day. but i don't drink, so i can't even do that. crumb.

thoughts? suggestions?

p.s. i'd post photos but i guess i'm not allowed to, this being my first post here and all ...