View Single Post
Old 05-02-21, 07:36 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Well, here's the deal. A friend of mine got Covid back in April of 2020, he was a very avid cyclist, he had a mild case like a head cold, it went away after a week, a week after that he decided to ride his bike at a spin gym and knowing him he probably was going at a fast clip, he came home told his wife he had a great ride then 5 minutes later his wife heard a thump, goes to see what happen and he's on the floor dead. I also heard this has been happening with runners and cyclists. So, two Thursdays ago I got tested positive for Covid after experiencing a slight fever and body aches, that went away in about 2 days and then was left with mild congestion for a week. Today I decided to ride the bike for the first time since the Covid, since I knew what had happened to my friend I only rode it 10 miles at a leisurely pace, I felt nothing odd, but for the next month I'm going to ride at a leisurely pace just to be safe and slowly increase the distance, and then next month kick up a notch.

I don't know, but if any of you get Covid don't go nuts on the bike after you recover, and also don't ride the bike while you're recovering, it may not effect a person, but to another person it could kill them, and since we don't know which person it will kill and which it will not, play it safe.