burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
If so I kindly request an update to the forum FAQ/Rules page, as it ain't in there about "don't mention guns". No issues with doing as I'm told, just have issues with expectations that aren't published. I've attended forums before where they had an explicit clause listing the forbidden references. It shouldn't have to be through the grapevine of posts, it should be easy to find and see.

It's a bit tiresome seeing the replies from folks "don't post about guns" or "don't post about xyz". If so........then publish it in the FAQ. I can't randomly guess what triggers folks OR what posting rules folks MIGHT want to have in place. Just put it in print.

I seriously don't mind. But it's tough to figure out if it isn't stated. Guns don't bother me. People talk about pepper spray, some folks own guns. If you want a blanket statement about zero violence in forum topics, fine too. But violent things occur in life. Like the dog attack topics. If nobody is threatening anybody, it's a tough call to dictate responses in a violent situation.

I just ask for clarification as it's a bit rude being called out in the open forum for something that isn't in print in here:

Guidelines and Rules or Site Operation: All Members Read, Please
Found it at the end of one of the sentences.

Fine, I'll do it despite thoroughly disagreeing with it.