View Single Post
Old 05-04-21, 04:50 AM
Fentuz

Bikes: Dahon Jetstream p8 (sold), customized Dahon Helios x10, customzed Dahon Smooth Hound x11,customized Dahon Hammerhead 8.0 d7, Planet X Free Ranger (mullet setup 1x11), Planet X Giovanissimi 20 (1x9), Frog 52 (1x9) and Frog 48 1s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked 239 Times in 175 Posts
jetstream rebuild...

That's it, the inevitable has happened; it is time to rebuild my old jetstream; 2 years ago, I recommitionned it to start cycling with my daughter and her "tag-along" because I did not mind if it got damaged, it was my old commuting bike which had had a hard life eating salt, mud, curbs etc...
Nowadays, I need a "gravel bike" with aluminium frame that will accept a child seat (not putting that on my carbon frame bike).

while cleaning the frame, I realized that the BB and the rear hub were sized so I decided to keep the frame only... and rebuild using various spares scattered around the garage. I unfortunately needed to buy a few bits:
- rear wheel (I have a spare new front but no rear)
- a BB
- a rear derailleur (I have 2 long cage but not medium )
- rear shock A5 125

Before,

Stripped

Start to look like a bike

Almost finished ... have to wait for the derailleur and handlebar tape deliveries.

I would like to fit a small front luggage rack but it won't be easy; most rack I saw use a top mount usually located on the caliper/fenders mount or V brake mounts but the German A suspension fork is inverted - brake and fender mounts on the rider side rather than the front.

Any clever suggestion which does not cost a lot (surply and topeak look good but very expensive)?

Thanks