Old 05-04-21, 12:15 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4365 Post(s)
Liked 3,001 Times in 1,854 Posts
Originally Posted by GrainBrain
Can't remember now where I heard it or exactly how it went - I think it was two announcers talking about teams during some race recently. Anyway it was about sponsorship and how one sponsor, when told of a particular rider winning a stage in The Tour the sponsor then asked if that rider had won the tour. So there's that disconnect between the public and fans - I just got into this maybe 5 years ago and only really knew of the tour de france. With so much money on the line, Brailsford is sweating especially after this recent doping scandal plus last year's calamitous implosion.

So yeah, I think Ineos is going all in take no prisoners. Just look at Porte getting signed - I bet that was some big money. Then Martinez added on.
Maybe so. Last year J-V really was the strongest team in the peloton. So I guess Ineos is going for overwhelming strength this time.

and yeah, I forgot Porte in that list. Another super-domestique