Old 05-05-21, 06:55 PM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85
I've been bike riding consistently in the pandemic, doing 30-50 miles. I hadn't been to the gym in a long time. But I went back for the first time and did an hour and a half of the Cybex Arc Trainer and 30 minutes of the Stairmaster. Doing them physically wasn't a problem, although I couldn't really push myself because of the required mask I had to wear. I feel like I get a better workout riding my bike. The reason is that I am more engaged when I'm on my bike. I realized that when I'm on a machine at the gym, it is very boring. The hardest part of getting through it is the mental aspect. Even with my iPhone and music, it just felt tedious. I had to concentrate just to push myself, whereas when I'm on the bike it happens much more naturally.

How do you feel? I can't believe how boring it felt. I thought it would be fun to go back to the gym again. Do you do any other cardio other than cycling?
that’s ‘cos mindless churning in a piece of gym equipment is purgatory. I use a rower at home as an alternative to cycling - I have a TV set up for when I’m going for distance, and I concentrate on the meter if I’m going for pace. Without at least one of these distractions it’d be torture.

Last edited by Litespud; 05-05-21 at 07:31 PM.