Old 05-06-21, 08:51 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,015 Times in 718 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpMan
Whats the actual difference if one ride light bicycle fast with many speeds vs one rides heavier bicycle slower speed, IMO at the end of the day person with heavier bicycle puts more effort into pedaling...
I get to go further faster and thus see more encouraging me to enjoy the sport and get out and ride more. Why ride something you would enjoy less unless its the budget, admittedly my preferred bike is still nearly 22lbs which is heavy in my opinion but still built for speed and durability in cross.

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
I agree this is pretty weak, especially from someone who has been a member since 2018. Seems as if there is an inverse snobbery thread every couple of weeks. Nevertheless, cycling is all inclusive and you are welcome to ride a BSO in your jorts, wife beater and flip flops as often and as far as you like. Nobody will wonder or even care "what the deal is" with you. Just be sure to wave!
Can I also ride my 16lb carbon road bike in jorts, wife beater and flip fops? JK, I don't own any of those, usually its just cargo shorts a t-shirt and sneakers.
I get to be one of the snobs now, I finally got a matching pair of bib shorts and jersey from Bicyclebooth, couldn't resist the sloth one.