Old 05-07-21, 04:32 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by PimpMan
Never understood this what this riders are all about, are they try to set world record in speed or something, i doubt that they ever will participating in any cycling sport events.
I was out on Monday, on a training ride (yes, I bike for leisure and workouts!) and this guy blew past me in a full Jumbo-Visma kit on the Leuven-Mechlen canal path...and he was super skinny, and he was super fast (I know because I was moving pretty fast for a non=pro 40 something rider at that point).

Two things I didn't say to myself when it happened: (1) "What a f***ing Fred?" and (2) "I doubt that they ever will participating in any cycling sport events." Good thing too, because at the next intersection he had a foot down and was on his phone...and it was Wout van Aert. I said hi, kept on my way, and he blew past me again about 5 minutes later. I bet he was in Z2...he was just doing his job. Crossed paths with Mathieu van der Poel a few weeks back the day before the Brabantse Pijl, which passes within 3 km of my house...and I expect more sightings of guys and gals who will be participating in cycling sport events in September when the UCI World Road Racing Championship will again pass with 3 km of my house.