Old 05-07-21, 04:50 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Badger6
I was out on Monday, on a training ride (yes, I bike for leisure and workouts!) and this guy blew past me in a full Jumbo-Visma kit on the Leuven-Mechlen canal path...and he was super skinny, and he was super fast (I know because I was moving pretty fast for a non=pro 40 something rider at that point).

Two things I didn't say to myself when it happened: (1) "What a f***ing Fred?" and (2) "I doubt that they ever will participating in any cycling sport events." Good thing too, because at the next intersection he had a foot down and was on his phone...and it was Wout van Aert. I said hi, kept on my way, and he blew past me again about 5 minutes later. I bet he was in Z2...he was just doing his job. Crossed paths with Mathieu van der Poel a few weeks back the day before the Brabantse Pijl, which passes within 3 km of my house...and I expect more sightings of guys and gals who will be participating in cycling sport events in September when the UCI World Road Racing Championship will again pass with 3 km of my house.

I live in New Hampshire where there's about a year before the presidential primary where you can't go into a downtown without likely running into one presidential candidate or another. That's my image of Belgium with world-class bicyclists.
Likes For livedarklions: