Old 05-07-21, 07:38 PM
GamblerGORD53

Bikes: 2013 Custom SA5w / Rohloff Tourster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 245 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
I'm totally cool with the practicality of a step through frame, just see it as a bike with a different purpose. Hence why I also have this on order, LOL!

8 speed IGH, upgraded roller brakes, dynamo hubs and lights, and one heck of a carrying capacity.

Down sizing the bike cave of about 20 bikes has freed up the money to buy both the Guv'nor and this Azor. The Azor will replace the old Hercules 3 speed I used for many years that I sold and tried to replace with a Mars Trekking bike. That just isn't working out for running errands and carrying stuff. The Azor will do that nicely and give a bike that I can grow old on and still keep riding.
Hell NO to roller brakes, in the front at least. It may be different on the road, but just spinning them they die faster than my SA dyno hub and Rohloff14. LOL. And they have a bad rep for that. They look goofy anyway and are horrible to clean and maintain and adjust. Very fine line between braking feel and spinning reasonably. They heat up like dragging sandpaper too. Get the SA XL-FDD, fit and forget for 25,000 miles.

Last edited by GamblerGORD53; 05-07-21 at 07:42 PM.