Old 05-08-21, 11:58 AM
JehD

Bikes: 2020 Electra Cruiser 7D - 2021 Mongoose Dolomite ALX - Rusty Huffy and a broken Giant

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 79 Posts
FINALLY. Got to take it on its first real maiden test run. Grabbed the Park 3 way allen key and a 13mm for the seat and off I went. It was hard top tell how it was on the pavement portion of my ride because there was headwind and its uphill for the frs 1 1/2 miles but the extra gearing us really nice. I’ve got the tires set at 15psi front and rear and once I get to the dirt (rocks, loose soil weeds ect) it just rolls over stuff like a monster truck

Its a solid bike, feels nice and tight, shifts well and even brakes well. The pads may need a good bedding in but even out of the box they are fine.

The only downsides and I’m nitpicking. I can’t use the seat, In an upright position its outright torture but for people using it in the manner it was designed Im sure it would be ok. Im not a fan of the shifters. The Microshifts work well and go through all the gears but they are thumb up and down not thumb and forefinger like true rapid fires. Not a big deal IF I can’t get used to them Ill look for Shimanos but Ill going to run them for now.

The Brooks B130 makes a world of difference, especially in upright position. I stole my wife’s seat for my Electra but its going to need to be replaced before she notices…lol

And a few pics from the trail.

Last edited by JehD; 05-08-21 at 12:11 PM.
Likes For JehD: