TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 29 frames + 74 wheels

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked 427 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth View Post
Kissena is 400m, I honestly don't know anything about certification or even if the local track requires it. I've thought of track racing but honestly the people who show up locally seem like monsters. Last year a local club did individual trials, where you went and warmed up and rode with someone timing you, I was the slowest person every single week without fail. My flying 200m was 16.23 sec and the next slowest person would be .5 sec faster. Even in the 4000m I would average over 22mph and still dead last. So I'll just root for the kids from the sidelines, my oldest will make it your way this winter I'm sure but will be doing nationals in TTown this year.
You don't necessarily need to race in order to ride on the track. Many people do it for fun and a way to safely get a workout without the dangers of riding on the street. Personally, I wouldn't want to race without being competitive, and it takes a lot of time and effort to get good at it. You need to do specific training to develop power and lactic threshold in order to succeed on the track. It's not easy.

Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me
Likes For TejanoTrackie: