View Single Post
Old 05-09-21, 08:30 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4253 Post(s)
Liked 3,866 Times in 2,579 Posts
Originally Posted by caci
There’s no hole. It’s remarkable, but with the light on it, at the right angle, you can see the lay-up and glossy finish of the resin. However, I’m finding it impossible to photograph. That’s why it looks like a hole.
Heck, I even had to look twice, once I submitted the photos of the fork.
Also, absolutely NO DENT in the top tube.
I have the bike in my possession. I own it. The pictures are making the chips look FAR worse than they are.
the damage is ONLY IN THE FINISH.
The Specialized dealer that I referred to has actually seen this bike & touched it - in person. Not via computer, holograph, Braille, or my description.

Again, I was initially taken aback by The Pro’s Closet told me they don’t buy “damaged bikes” and referred me to a carbon fiber repair shop.
I’ve since acknowledged that my pictures make it look like there is a hole in the fork - there is not. Also, another commenter said he would touch this bike with its “dented top tube” - it is not.

I’m not of railing on you, just trying to clarify that I have the bike, my pictures suck and I’ve shown it to someone who’s opinion I am comfortable with.

I cannot blame anyone who is commenting on the perils of broken or damaged carbon fiber frames, but this damage is just in the finish.
if someone wants to comment that “I would never buy a scratched bike”, I’ve no issue with them - it’s still a free Country.
However, the armchair structural engineers claiming that its “a disaster waiting to happen” - I’m in disagreement with them.

Thanks,
Chris
No you are fine, nothing wrong the photos just look like holes but yeah if not a hole not a hole. I can't put my hands on it I can only see what I see.