Old 05-11-21, 06:34 AM
YankeeRider

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Aventon Pace 500

Originally Posted by Birdbikes View Post
I'm about 5'10 without shoes with an inseam around 34.5 inches with shoes on. I have a wingspan of 68.5 inches, so long legs and short arms.

after a lot of research, i've pretty much decided that the mid-step radmission is better for me due to my longer legs and little bit shorter arms. I know nothing about bikes though, so part of me is still feeling like its a mistake to get the mid-step, and that it will be too cramped. I am at the max recommended inseam for the mid-step version too.

I have no way of testing it out before I buy it either.

Am I making a mistake by going with the mid-step? Does anyone have similar measurements for your proportions and ride the mid-step? Everything I read says i'd be better with more of a medium frame and not a large, but I just worry it will feel too small and i will regret not getting the bigger one.

​​​​​
​​
As others have mentioned, the single-speed gearing on the Radmission may be limiting, unless you're in pretty decent shape and riding on level roads. Of course, it's hard to beat the Radmission's price. Another bike that you might want to look at would be the Aventon Pace 500, which comes in step-over and step-through designs and the frames come in sizes. And, they do have some dealers - Aventon has a mixed direct to consumer and dealer sales model. It does cost somewhat more, but is still a value bike from a well-known company, and it comes with an 8-speed Shimano Altus drivetrain and upgraded hydraulic disk brakes. I think this bike is well worth the extra cash, and if you live near a dealer, you can try before you buy.
https://www.aventon.com/products/ave...-complete-bike
Likes For YankeeRider: