Old 05-12-21, 12:15 PM
headwind15
Bikeable

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse View Post
Sorry that you're having issues down there, but may I suggest the source of your problem may not be the sweating?

Everybody sweats, and many of us get quite soggy on rides.

I often ride long climbs that last up to two hours, and my bibs are always drenched at the summit. Even on relatively cool days.

If I sit down anywhere before descending, I leave a wet spot behind.

Even with all this sogginess, I almost never experience skin problems. My only precautions are wearing high quality bib shorts with a good chamois, and applying some Udderly Smooth chamois cream. Also, I get out of those wet bibs as soon as soon as the ride is done.
Just a shout out to you. see you are in Palo Alto. I started (road) cycling out of Los Altos in the late 70's. I used to love riding hwy 9 out to Santa Cruz and back. I must have been sweating some on the 27 mile uphill coming back from Santa Cruz, right?I used to do that ride on Monday and Wednsday. Race twilight series on Tuesday, race at the Sanford S.L.A.C. race Thursday evenings and sometimes race on the velodrome down in Hellyer park on Friday nights. Even though I was riding over 10k miles a year, I never had saddle sore/ over sweating problems. Recently I have been using white "solar shield" arm warmers/ sun protection. and between the fact that I have little vitamin D in my diet, I have a deficiency.