View Single Post
Old 05-13-21, 02:18 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, Perfekt 3 Speed -age unknown, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2296 Post(s)
Liked 542 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet View Post
I also don't see this as a "long ride" bike. Well, not a fast one anyways. I could see it doing a tour where one was taking their time and sightseeing etc... At the moment it's a somewhat redundant bike for me as I have both a road/gravel touring bike and an off road touring bike. But, I like to build them.

I might list it just to see if it sells, though I hate the process of selling stuff these days.
Nine years ago a neighbor had a garage sale, was planning to sell the house and move. His kids had moved out of the house a decade earlier, they left their bikes in the back yard. He decided he was tired of picking up after them, the bikes stayed in the back yard. Fast forward a decade and the bikes were still in the yard and he wanted $5 USD for each. I bought the early 90s Bridgestone MB-6 and he cut down the 5 cm diameter tree that was growing up through the frame. Stripped the parts off, took two days to get the bottom bracket out. Did a thorough frame saver treatment on the frame innards. It needed about $50 in new stuff, mostly the plastic and rubber stuff (tires, rim strips, tubes, bar grips, saddle, chain, some cables, new bottom bracket) and it became my errand bike. I leave it outside on my patio where it is handy for a quick run to the grocery store or gym. I rarely ride it more than 5 miles in one trip, but it is my go to bike for most errands. Frame size is a bit small for me but for short distance errands, fit is less important. It is not my best bike, but it is frequently ridden and was the best bargain I ever bought.

You might decide you have a need for that bike after all.