View Single Post
Old 05-13-21, 10:40 AM
FelixScout
Rider who can know more

Bikes: 1995 Trek 850 Mountain Track turned trail and road bike, 1989 Centurion Le Mans RS, 1993 Bianchi Advantage. Dead: 1982 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gusgus
This frame was listed on offer up for $500, he also had a set of campy pista wheels. I asked if he had any more parts for the bike, he said yes, it was a complete bike, so I bought all of them - pista crank, bb and pedals; steel cinelli bar and stem; unicanitor and campy post along with two sets of wheels - one set have the factory drilled campy hubs. He does clean outs and got the bike for next to nothing, if it were close to my size I probably would have bought the frame but it's very small.
He called me a week after I bought the parts and offered the frame at less than 500, I told him no thanks but explained he would do best to sell it on ebay. I told him I'd list it for 750, or try craigs and list it at 600. He took part of my advice and listed it on cl at 1000, it's been up for a month now so if you were interested in it I'd suggest making an offer. It is a nice bike if it fits you.
Meanwhile I'm searching for a 24" - 25" P14 frame to hang the parts on!
Very cool but sadly it is both too much money and way too small.