Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4731 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by deacon mark
Hey pump update, I got the Lezyne Road Drive in mail today and it is a great pump compared to the garbage thing I had. I tried this out on a deflated tire and easy 100 pumps to around 65-70 psi. That actually is enough but I did see about what I could do and maybe another 100 without huge work I got to 92 psi that is plenty and all I ride at times. I could have gone over 100 but certainly not worth the trouble. I got a set of glueless patches with it but I have never used the glueless ones do they work as decent as traditional cement and patch?

Finally in the interest of ease I found some Kenda tubes 4 for $26 on ebay 48m treaded value. Very good deal and now I really see no reason for the CO2 in fact pumping maybe really be as easy and not cold. The pump is machine nice and could go in a back jersey pocket I got the medium length but I put it under the cage. Carry 2 tubes in a saddle bag.
Just a curiosity.. isn't pump volume to tire PSI a linear relationship? Eg. if 100 pumps get you to say 70psi, wouldn't 150 pumps have gotten your tires to 105psi (1.5x more)?