Old 05-14-21, 05:16 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 290 Posts
Originally Posted by SCTinkering View Post
Exactly. I actually did a couple of 25 ish mile recovery rides the two days following & didn't feel bad at all. Just goes to show that at least for me, I am able to do things like the Davis Double (200 miles in a single day) provided I eat and drink. I think a lot of other riders here could do the same, but it does required quite a bit of planning if it's self supported. Heck now I'm even kicking myself for skipping stops on the supported rides I did in the before COVID times with the hindsight of "Yeah I felt pretty crappy the day after." when I didn't need to.
Just a CONGRATULATIONS and

side note -- As you ride and experience various situations you discover what works and what doesn't. If a safety net is available, (a phone call for help), then experimentation can be a good thing. Looking at everything you consumed had me ready for a stomach pump-out and that only shows how different we all are. Before my cancer hit me 6 years ago I would ride a solo 100 miler overnight --- no stops on 2 bottles of water, a banana, pb&j sandwich, M&M's and gels.
Likes For OldTryGuy: