Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 293 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski View Post
My current shortlist:-

Cervelo Caledonia 5
Argon 18 Krypton Pro
Specialized Aethos
Factor Ostro VAM

Currently riding a Giant Defy Adv Pro, which is actually really good. Just not that special if you know what I mean. Can't decide if I want another endurance bike or something lighter and/or more racey. The Aethos is very interesting as it promises to be both ultra-light and comfortable and I don't really care about aero. But I'm thinking the Caledonia and Krypton might just be better all-rounders. The Ostro VAM looks interesting too. I'm in the UK so I could get a factory fit over at Factor. I quite like the O2 as well and maybe wouldn't really need the VAM version of that bike. But the Ostro looks cool even if I don't really need the aero. This will be for next year at the earliest anyway, so plenty of time to drool over nice bikes! I might try to arrange a visit to Factor and hopefully demo their bikes later this year.
I have a couple of friends who have ordered the Ostro VAM. Plan to take try their bikes out when they get it.

In the end, i keep coming back to either the Aethos or the C64 as the frames that excite me the most - if either of them has the ride quality i want, i will get one of them. Ciclo Corsa has C64 framesets for not significantly more than the Aethos non-S-works, so price isnt a huge difference. Color will probably decide - the Mapei paintwork on the C64s... mmuah *chef kiss*
Likes For guadzilla: