Old 05-17-21, 09:37 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
The thing is you are arguing with "conventional wisdom" that doesn't exist. There's a reason they sell a lot more midrange price bicycles than they do the high-end stuff.. The high-end stuff is basically a niche market in the big scheme of things. Also, I have never heard anyone saying the reason for buying an ultralight bike is to give them a better workout. They're certainly not marketed that way, they're pitched as being faster and for how long people can ride them.

Point is that a heavier bike has no capabilities to give a better workout that can't be compensated for on a lighter. bike, but that a heavier bike can't be magically be made lighter at times you want the bike to be lighter.

You're cherry-picking your facts to "prove" to people who like ultralight bikes that they shouldn't. It's an absurd exercise, but your silliness here is somewhat entertaining.

TL/DR: If you think "you should pay $5000 for a bike" is conventional wisdom, you're spending wayyyyy too much time on bf.
Nice attempt at misconscruing my words but I'm not biting.

I've said several times that there are many valid reasons to buy an expensive bike... but... objectively, that they give a better workout isn't one of them. That's it. Period.

I also said I don't care what other people do nor am I trying to convince them of anything. I'm just debating a premise in a discussion forum.

I can't be responsible for the fact that you have an emotional reaction to that and see it as a darker motive.

Absurd.. silliness.. ad hominen etal.

If I'm spending way to much time on this topic what does that say about you repetitive attempts to tell me that? Why so desperate to shut me down? Discussion forum...