View Single Post
Old 05-17-21, 02:43 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
I was also unable to pull an image of your bike but these are items i would recommend for anyone doing this --- Most mountain bikes have longer top tubes than road bikes, so attempts to do drop bar conversions are not satisfying to me aesthetically in most cases --- because they were not designed to use drop bars -- to get a workable position, people typically use stems that are really tall and really short, so it looks cludged up (my opinion of course )

And i like bikes that are aesthetically pleasing most of the time -- although some modern bikes are not -- (Salsa Cutthroat is an example of an odd looking bike, but its cool in a monster truck sort of way)

So here are some items to consider -- tires can make or break it. Rene Herse makes some serious gravel 26" tires , as well bars like the Jones H bar (there are a handful of competitors making similar bars as well ) retain your MTB position, but give options to stretch out -- you would need a stem adapter and a shorty 31.9 stem as the 135mm stems common on a lot of old MTB's is too long for this setup

But thats really it ----- good tires and a good cockpit and youre set

26″ x 1.8″ Naches Pass TC Tire – Rene Herse Cycles

Store - H-Bars - Page 1 - Jones Bikes