Old 05-19-21, 10:40 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4393 Post(s)
Liked 4,836 Times in 2,990 Posts
Originally Posted by guadzilla
Yeah, if i had to guess, i'd say the LS does transmit a little more road buzz than the R5 (it has the same cockpit and wheels), but not enough to really be bothersome, atleast not to me.

And thanks for the feedback on how the Colnago corners while on imperfect pavements. I have had 2 major crashes in the past decade - one on a downhill curve at 52kph, which savaged my right side, and one at 48kph going over a pothole, while threw me off the road into the ditch and broke my Venge. Cumulatively, that has made me a little more conservative when it comes to descending and cornering: weirdly enough, not so much to avoid getting injured but to avoid dealing with the recovery. At 48, recovery is a lot freaking harder. A bike that doesnt feel as sure-footed when cornering is likely something i would prefer to avoid. Will keep this data point in mind!
If you are looking for confidence on descents, then something with a relatively slack head angle and longer wheelbase might be worth considering. Bikes like the Cervelo Caledonia-5 and Argon 18 Krypton Pro would fit the bill. They should be both rock solid on fast downhills. Actually that was my main concern about the Aethos (and the Factor Ostro) as they are both shorter and steeper than my current Giant Defy, which again is rock solid descending.