View Single Post
Old 02-21-06, 08:11 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
I'll make my small contribution to this thread. I recently purchased a Ross Signature 290S at a garage sale. It is in incredibly good condition. The tires, seat and cables are all original, including the odd toe clip style pedals that never had the cages installed ( the original reflectors are still in place) The bike weighs in at 28lbs. It has full Shimano 12 speed groupo with Araya rims. The shifting is very smooth. The only drawback for me is the size of the bike, 48 cm, very small. I'm guessing, from information I received on BF, this is a 1985 bike. I'm short enough that I can lift the handle bars and seat and ride it. The frame is responsive and the ride is very nice. The brakes leave something to be desired. I'm considering changing the pads to Koolstops to improve braking. I've posted some pictures below. These are the same pictures I've posted elsewhere on BF.

Last edited by roccobike; 04-12-06 at 10:08 PM.