Old 05-22-21, 10:20 AM
nexttimeiwill

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by msu2001la
Can you post the costs that you were quoted? I have had a couple of different shops do full bike overhauls where they strip the bike down to the frame, clean everything, and then re-assemble everything back. They have charged between $200-$300 to do that. I have a hard time believing that a custom paint job on a carbon frame is in that price range, so I'm wondering if you need to just contact a few other shops about doing the tear-down, rebuild.

I had assumed custom paint on a carbon bike would be in the neighborhood of $1000.

Voiding the warranty is definitely a concern, and considering they'll be sanding off the stock paint I can understand why this is the case. Bit of a dice roll on that one, I guess.
I'm diggin' all of the positive feedback you all have been giving. The paint shop I went to was referred to me by the Specialized store. I will not void the warranty if I allow this particular shop to do the job. If I venture off to someone else, yes, the warranty is cancelled. The quote from the paint shop was $300 for a pearlescent paint job. The shops I called for prices for disassemble/reassemble ranged from $350 up to $550. Here are some photos my current ride..

It is unique. The top corner, folk and bottom corner are Ice Blue and center is Dove grey. From a distance, the entire frame looks white as you can see in some of the pictures. I also like that the brand name is not "in your face" bold. It's almost invisible in person. The problem is it's too much grey. It's a flat grey without any shine or sparkle. Very dull. Yesterday, I took a look at a 2022 Tarmac SL7 Comp wtih Sram Rival AXS in that Gloss White Silver paint. I loved it. however, I'm concerned about the comfort factor having been on a Roubaix for two weeks.The Tarmac is just a few hundred dollars more than what I paid for the Roubaix so no major price jump. So far I haven't rode any long distances or joined any groups but down the line, that may change. I mostly ride on local bike trails (10-20miles).

Here is the Gloss Metallic White Silver Tarmac I'm looking at

Last edited by nexttimeiwill; 05-22-21 at 10:27 AM.