View Single Post
Old 05-24-21, 06:08 PM
Kimmo 
bike whisperer

Bikes: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=152015&p=1404231

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1523 Post(s)
Liked 716 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Where is your charging port? Or is that the 2.5 or 3.5 mm headphone jack you show in post #9.

Somewhat wondering why you went to so much trouble to go through stem and steerer. Wouldn't going into the top tube with or next to the rear brake cables have looked so bad? I'd be happy with the look to avoid the future hassles.

Otherwise good job. I did watch your vid. I just don't want to be there in real time while you ponder things. Though it did answer some things I was wondering.
Charging port is deleted. You can just splice an e-tube plug onto the charger and use that instead. As mentioned, the charging plug and jack were repurposed to split the loom at the head tube for fork removal. The headphone plug and jack split the loom for bar removal.

Rear brake cable runs external, like the shift cables did. I might see about changing that, if I can get onto an old boss who works with carbon... But yeah, full internal, because it's sexy and I could. Not concerned about the hassle; I've obviated most of it with the plugs and jacks. That loom is married to the frame now, since it's now dedicated to Di2.

If any YouTube vid is too slow for you, you can click on the gear icon and play it faster, like I recommended.

Last edited by Kimmo; 05-24-21 at 06:47 PM.