gios

Bikes: 2021 Litespeed T5 105, 1990 Gios Compact Pro 105

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry2
Please do tell us about your experience.y
Back in March 2018 I started reading Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It. A life changing read - before I finished, I cut my carbs and stopped eating sugar. Toward the end of the book is Dr. Weston's No Sugar No Starch diet and I immediately started that. About a month later I got the Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution paperback and read that. Comes with a pull out carb counter.

Subsequently, I started cooking my own meals, doing my own grocery shopping.

My wife, who has type II diabetes, saw what I was doing and cut down on hers also - no where near low carb, but it did the trick. Her A1C dropped below the 6.5 diabetes threshold while not taking metformin. She has maintained this since then.

Sad to say, the sad (standard American diet), low fat, high carbs, is the standard of care.

Watch an old movie (pre-1980s) and you'll not see lots of overweight people. The government's low fat dogma pretty much started in the late 70s with McGoverns Dietary Guidelines (that continue to this day), and drove the food that is sold in grocery stores (high sugar, low fat, high carbs). Through inertia it continues to this day, and if your Doc isn't raising the red flag, s/he's misinformed.

McGovern's Senate Select Committee on Nutrition and Human Needs Versus the Meat Industry on the Diet-Heart Question (1976–1977)
Likes For gios: