View Single Post
Old 02-21-06, 11:14 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by duane041
The bike you are thinking of could be the Signature Triad 508. Columbus SL and SP, and full Shimano "new" 600 (????). I currently own a 292S which I always thought was an 85, but the 85 catalog lists it as not being made from Ishiwata tubing, which it is. Maybe I have an 84 or 86. I love this bike and would love to have another, as this one is so stock and near perfect I don't have the heart to upgrade anything.

roccobike, let us know how the Koolstops work. I have the Shimano 105 brakes, and they seem to be good enough, but could use more oomph. Sometimes stopping is an exercise in planning more than anything else.
First I have to decide what I want to do with this bike. Like you, I hate to change it because it is really nice, but the size of the frame is a problem for me. I might sell it, or take the components off and build up another bike that is the correct size for me. But then I come back to how nice this bike is and I hate to break it up. For now, I'm just going to ride a bike that's the wrong size. Maybe something will break my way that will help me decide which way to go.