Thread: Strida Evo 3
View Single Post
Old 05-28-21, 05:11 AM
seibaatgung

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts
One thing I think the Strida would strongly benefit from is a key-locking closure mechanism. The frame is literally a triangle that snaps together. There is no fork nor a pair of stays in the frame that can be locked to a bike lock - but the entire frame could serve as a lock if the closure mechanism that secures the head tube to the down tube could afterwards be locked with a key.
Originally Posted by Winfried
It works like coaster brakes, which I don't like for the same reason. But to each his own :-)

Half its price new, and I could resell it a few weeks later for the same price, so it was like a free test.

It would be nice to have at least a gear indicator on the handlebar, but maybe the frame prevents running a cable. A gear hub with a wider range would be even nicer, but the single-side frame prevents that option, hence the gear box in the bottom bracket.
My primary issue with coaster breaks is the risk of failure/smoking. Not a big deal for good parts but why take the risk when hydraulic disk brakes literally work as well as those on a car?
Half its price new, and I could resell it a few weeks later for the same price, so it was like a free test.
You a distributor?
It would be nice to have at least a gear indicator on the handlebar, but maybe the frame prevents running a cable. A gear hub with a wider range would be even nicer, but the single-side frame prevents that option, hence the gear box in the bottom bracket.
Maybe they're saving that tech for a new version they can charge more for.