DanielC94

Bikes: Bianchi Imola 2003, Jamis Durango 2010

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Looking for some new great routes and roads around Boston

Hey Everyone!

I've been living in Boston for the better part of a decade and have done a lot of road cycling in and outside of the city. I have a few trusty destinations and there-and-back again routes that I love to ride but I am hoping, with some of your help, to learn of other great places to ride around the city! To give an idea of the places that I have frequently ridden: Walden Pond up via minuteman and rt 62 and back via rt 117 and esplanade, Great Blue Hills (via various parkways), and down to Scituate via the coast and back inland through Wompatuck.

I don't have a car so ideally any suggested routes are within a 50 mile radius of Boston, more or less, for a max round trip century ride. I would also love to learn of roads that just offer amazing cycling experiences that can be added to a route. For instance on one of my rides back from Walden pond I decided to take a small detour from my usual return route and took Trapelo Road to Lincoln Street and discovered a small but very fun windy descent!

I frequently ride solo but would also love to join any local cycling groups in the area! If you have any recommendations or are part of a group let me know!

Thanks!