Old 06-04-21, 09:14 AM
clichty

Bikes: Moots Vamoots RCS, Serotta Ti, Felt F55, Surly Ogre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Wallet is pretty much your limiting factor. You could put Di2 on it if you want to go that far.

I'd get new everything, including brakes appropriate to the group set you decide on that is in your budget.

I know nothing about Klein's though. Try to coach your sentimentalism with the fact you won't make it much lighter than it already is and that you'll spend what might be a really nice new bike.

Might be a little less if you intend to mix and match deals you find here and there. But that seems a disservice to the bike. But maybe good for honing your DIY skills. It did do a lot for me when I built up my 1991 Paramount from a frame and fork. Put all new 105 5800 11 speed on it.

Almost did the same to my Raleigh, then realized it really wouldn't be that much a different bike. So I got a new bike and now wonder why I waited so long to get a really brand new bike. I don't ride my Paramount much any more. The new bike is just too fun.
Agreed there is a lot of sentimentalism in this rebuild; along with just the desire to learn how to build a bike up from the frame.

It also will make for a great bike to keep on my trainer year round. Currently I just have 1 real road bike so once spring hits; I take it off the Wahoo. Would be nice to have the ability to have a bike ready for full time trainer status for rainy/crazy hot days.