View Single Post
Old 06-08-21, 06:41 AM
Kabuki12

Bikes: 71 Stella,72 Mondia Special,72 ItalVega Grand Rallye, 73 Windsor Pro,75 Colnago Super,76 Kabuki DF,77 Raleigh Comp.GS,78 Raleigh Pro,80 Moto Gran Sprint,82 Medici Pro Strada

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked 1,026 Times in 608 Posts
I bought my house on top of a hill 24 years ago and still walking for the last segment of the ride. I ride vintage steel racers and have just accepted it with a 41 small chainring and a 28 large cog. At my age it’s ok . If I switchback I can make it part way sometimes but after 35-45 miles I would rather walk. I have made it on a mountain bike or a modern hybrid with some very low gears but I don’t like riding either bike. I gave the mountain bike to a homeless guy and the hybrid just sits in the garage. The three climbs are very steep and there is one that is a challenge even by foot. The other two I can ride One of my neighbors puts his bike in his car and parks at the bottom of the hill and that works for him. As far as living on the flats, I really enjoy the view we have , “ living with the hawks”. I could never go back to not waking up to the sunrise over the mountain tops.