sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 262 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
Brutal as rail-trains go. I hit it after doing Spearfish Canyon then up a second climb and down to the Engelwood Trailhead. Started the climb south of there and thought WTH? Then there was a climb from Mystic towards Hill City. Met a group of kids with a chaperone. They had started in Deadwood and were now walking up that climb. No way they got to Hill City before dark. I bombed the descent into town and it was nearly dark when I arrived. Hoping they beat the massive hail storm a couple of hours later.
YES, deadwood to hill city is a monster! Funny you say that we rode out there last week and I took my 10 year old and he rode it like a champ! Got to Redfern rest area for water and was just done...I said its all down hill to hill city now...he was like you better not be lying and there better be ice cream! It was a tough but great day ride.

Hill city to the bottom is much better but still a great trail. Spearfish canyon is awesome too. I have biked the needles highway too, that was a dog. Thought I was going to die.

pics from last week:

Likes For sdmc530: