View Single Post
Old 06-10-21, 06:04 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 238 Times in 174 Posts
I've had variety of saddles on my bikes over the years - that Selle SMP has been the most comfortable on long rides for me over the years. I've found that less saddle is more comfortable on long rides - my rear end has plenty of built in padding and padding and/or no cutout on the seat are worse. That Domane has vibration damping in the seat tube/top tube junction and it i the fork tube/top tube junction that combined with the carbon frame is pretty good on reducing road buzz.

When I bought that bike, it came with a discounted fitting session on the Retul system with a sports physiologist - really cool. My position on that bike is a good deal more upright than on my previous bike, a Trek 520. The geometry on the Domane is in the endurance cycle range, definitely not in the aero/racer leaned over range.

I also have a steel Jamis Renegade that today would be called a gravel bike. I use that for any non-paved riding, riding paved trails with my wife or any loaded touring I do these days. On that one I has Fizik seat that is more of a traditional kind of seat that seems to work better for that bike and the type of riding I do on it.