View Single Post
Old 06-10-21, 05:01 PM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 1,390 Times in 759 Posts
Any idea why we have two "pay it forward" threads? The other is here. No need to respond if this has been hashed out already and I'm the only person who is unaware of the reasons for the duality.

At any rate, along with a few boxes of French parts I received recently, I also got a four-page Huret brochure describing how to install and set up several of their derailleurs (700, Svelto, Luxe, and Allvit, each page in French, English, and German). I ironed it to reduce some of the creases and scanned it. The result is here. The original is a bit more cheery, having been printed on a rose-colored paper. Unfortunately, my scanner software dumped core ("crapped out" for those not in the Unix/Linux world) when I tried to scan it in color.

I'm not really a Francophile and am not a document collector at all. I'm happy to pass along the original to anyone interested in such stuff. If you want it (and you live in the USofA, where I can mail letters cheaply), drop me an email (skip.montanaro@gmail.com) with your street address and I'll send it along.