Old 06-15-21, 05:00 PM
coffeesnob

Bikes: Trek DS 8.3 - cannondale M500

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2634 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
People like to bash on the big guys because they are the“big guys” but there’s a reason they are the “big guys”. They make good stuff that have a good reputation. I have P-handled hex wrenches that are pushing 30 years pretty hard. I use them regularly and have no issue with them. I use exactly the same P-handled hex tools at my local co-op every time I’m there. Those get used thousands of times per year.

Personally I have used them thousands of time per year. I interact with about 1500 people per year and use the Park hex wrenches between 5 and 10 times on each bike. And I’m only one volunteer out of 25 to 50. That’s a whole lot of use and the wrenches stand up. We do replace them from time to time but given the number of times the wrenches get used, that’s understandable.

As for the Bondus head, I find them incredibly handy for a lot of work on bikes. Yes, you have to be careful but there are lots of places on a bike that you can’t get a hex wrench in that is perfectly perpendicular to the bolt and that will round out bolt heads just as easily as misusing a Bondus.
what do you volunteer doing? Sounds commendable