View Single Post
Old 06-16-21, 07:23 AM
PedalingWalrus

Bikes: Corvid Sojourner, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Co-Motion Divide, Co-Motion Java Tandem, Salsa Warbird, Salsa Beargrease, Carver Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked 435 Times in 227 Posts
Denmark Tour in August

I hope we all (somewhat) enjoy this second hypothetical of my August vacation. Yes? I hope so. :-)

For some strange reason I have fixated myself on not wanting to take and pay for a COVID test during my travels if I have been already vaccinated. My main fear is that my precious time on the tour would be hijacked and my secondary objection is the principle of reward of vaccination...for that I started considering a very worthy alternative to Europe by biking the Oregon coast. However, my dates coincide with peak forest fire season.

Today I stumbled upon a newsbit that says no testing necessary to fly to Denmark for vaccinated US Travelers.
(slight ironic fine print is that there may still be a rapid test during the border checkpoint in Denmark but I digress...)

So. DENMARK :-)

There are several official routes through Denmark and of course one can just go and disregard any routes and still have a great time. And I wonder if I can just cross the border into the other EU states without any checkpoints...my guess is yes.

Anyone done Denmark?

Main consideration I think is about the WIND.
Prevailing winds seem to blow from West and Southwest so if I were to bike the Western coast I would choose to go NOBO

I did a rough estimation of mileages and it seems I should be able to circumnavigate Denmark in 2 weeks

Last edited by PedalingWalrus; 06-16-21 at 08:05 AM.