gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1216 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4257 Post(s)
Liked 4,176 Times in 1,792 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
And a TON of great riding with four amazing & supportive friends, but for some reason 3 of them had pedal problems:

I don't recall the other 2 pedal problems, but Neal's was a potential ride stopper (for him). Day 3 we blasted out of Casa de Colvin @Spaghetti Legs) on beautiful gravel roads just outside of Charlottesville, passing massive estates with enormous grass lawns in front. On a particular nice stretch I heard Neal yell out a few choice words. We all gathered around and saw this^.

Something similar happened two years ago on a PNW tour with much of the same gang.

@Andy_K was delivering @Spaghetti Legs "new to him" Heron from Portland to Seattle via train when the ghost gave up on that pedal. Luckily Seattle local @Dfrost came to the rescue with another pair of Crank Brothers pedals, we didn't even lose any time.This time Hugh's buddy Vito came to the rescue, we were maybe 10 miles from his house. Neal limped along with the pedal as is until we caught up with the extra pedal set. We lost maybe a total of 45 minutes with the pedal change.

I'm constantly reminded of the kindness of strangers, and the fact that the network of BF members throughout the United States, even around the world that will drop everything to help out a fellow cyclist.