Old 06-19-21, 11:30 AM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3870 Post(s)
Liked 2,563 Times in 1,577 Posts
Originally Posted by easyupbug
I have spent a lot of time on various steel and bonded Al & carbon frames, forks carbon to steels & Al, various geometries, saddles, etc. but never a 650b wheel set. Am I missing anything? Don't mind things like long reach brake changes, etc. I have an 26" MTB and a grocery getter Hard Rock 26". it is just part of finding what I appreciate in my rides, so worth every penny to me. In my 70s touring is not in the mix.
There's nothing magical about the 650B wheel spec itself. The big draw that got lots of people converting to 650B was the very comfortable, yet fast, tires available in that size. Nowadays (well, starting about 10 years ago), there are some great options in 26" and fatter 700C tires, too. Put some RH 44mm Naches Pass tires (or Rat Trap Pass, if you can fit them) on one of your 26" bikes, and you will have most of the goodness of a 650B conversion right there.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Likes For ThermionicScott: