View Single Post
Old 06-19-21, 05:09 PM
Helderberg

Bikes: Had an old Columbia in the 80's, here a used Schwinn hybrid, now a Cannondale Quick 3 and a Topstone 105..

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked 306 Times in 139 Posts
Originally Posted by jtaylor2
The bike came with 32mm Bontrager Race All Weather Hard Case which were later discontinued and replaced by the Bontrager AW1 Hard Case. I'm now using the AW1 Hard Case (the regular not the light).

I got 22640 miles on the original Race All Weather Hard Case front tire and replaced it with the Bontrager AW1 Hard Case. The bike now has 28056 miles on it so the AW1 has 5416 miles on it and still going strong.

The original Race All Weather Hard Case was replaced at 7895 miles with the same kind.
The second rear tire was replaced at 15887 miles with 7992 miles on it with a AW1 because original had been discontinued
The third rear tire (the AW1) was replaced at 24872 miles with 8985 miles on it with another AW1
The forth rear tire (AW1) has 3184 miles on it and is still going.

Jim
Much appreciated. Do you feel the ride is hard on your hands or do the sidewalls have some give? Not familiar with the Hardcase tires but am looking to move from my 37 with soft sidewalls. I am also not running tubeless as I am very comfortable with tubes.
Thanks again, Frank.

​​​​​​​