View Single Post
Old 06-20-21, 12:40 PM
tsl
Plays in traffic

Bikes: 1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax, 2016 Giant Talon 4

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts
I celebrated my 64th yesterday. 2.2 mile round-trip to the grocery store (using the MTB for extra workout) to buy two pints of almond milk fake ice cream (one vanilla, one coffee/caramel/chocolate chip) and a grass-fed, organic, no antibiotic, field-raised NY strip steak. (Because, I only eat one a year, so why not?)

Ate the fake ice cream first, because, well, like the t-shirt says, life is short--eat dessert first. Was initially miffed that, forgetting my reading glasses, I accidentally bought fake instead of real, but it was actually pretty good.

Steak was excellent. But holy smokes, $24 a pound.

On topic: The old forum standard is ride a mile for every year. I don't recall every doing that. I've done big rides as the mood strikes. I'm not much into formalized milestone stuff. Although I do enjoy seeing them whiz by.

For a real treat, go on one of those circumnavigation of the Big Island of Hawaii rides. They run seven days, 300-400 miles up to however long and far that you like. I chose a full-custom ride, doing it in nine days because I wanted a couple of two-night stays. Toughest, yet most enjoyable time I've ever had on a bike.