WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/b...340163441.html

'60 paramount: full 531, rebuilt, new 700c, 56cm - $760 (greenwood)

I'm selling two of my keepers. this one's a vintage paramount touring/road bike. it was purchased as a frameset and fully rebuilt in august 2018. I intended to build this up just as a project with as much period correct campy as I could find and flip it. but then rode it and had to hang onto it a while. this being my first bike from the '60s, I was really surprised it could ride as light and lively as my other high-end steel roadies. it has a long wheelbase with more slack geometry, so it does handle more like a tourer. but the frameset is full 531, so it feels really light. the paint is unoriginal, but it is a professional job and still looks really good to me. I respaced the rear to accept a wider cluster. the campy friction shifting over the 2x7 gearing offers low enough gearing for most our hills. this is a 700c conversion with tons of tire clearance and will easily accept a 32mm tire with fenders. and check out those nervex head tube lugs!

condition is excellent, apart from chips in the repaint. I covered most of these with enamel. there are no dents or dings, so this is definitely a restoration candidate if you wanted to go that route. I believe the original paint was a seafoam green. I have several bikes, and there aren't a lot of miles on this rebuild.

componentry. I built it up as cost effectively as anyone can using period correct campy and a new wheelset built up on vintage hubs. it originally had weinmann center-pulls which did reach, but they just weren't providing the stopping power I wanted. so I went with the modern dual pivots and kool-stops. I won't part out the frameset alone, but here's how I value a few items if a potential buyer wanted it without the specific components priced below:

- $200 wheelset/tubes/tires/freewheel
- $90 saddle
- $60 bag
- $50 rear derailleur
- $40 pedals/clips/straps
- $320 frameset with everything else

frame size. the top tube measures 56cm, and seat tube measures 57cm (both c-c). standover is about 32.5" on these 28c tires. I'm a bit over 5'10", and my bikes with a 57cm top tube fit me slightly better.

rebuild info. every component was fully overhauled with new grease, including the headset, hubs/skewers, pedals, shifters, and rear derailleur. the bb is a new cartridge model with carbon body and hollow spindle. I sanded and polished the seatpost, stem, and bars. the tires and saddle are basically brand new. neither has seen 50 miles yet. the rims, spokes, brake calipers and all other consumables (except the original campy hoods) were new at the time of the build.

details
- 1960 schwinn paramount.
- 56cm, full 531db frameset.
- campagnolo forged dropouts.
- threaded eyelets, front and rear.
- tange headset.
- token cartridge bottom bracket.
- campagnolo gran sport crank arms.
- campagnolo nuovo record chainrings (52/42t).
- campagnolo nuovo record front derailleur.
- campagnolo nuovo record rear derailleur.
- campagnolo record down tube shifters.
- campagnolo record seatpost (27.2).
- campagnolo super record brake levers with campy hoods.
- tektro r539, r559 dual pivot brake calipers.
- kool-stop salmon pads with silver holders.
- miche front hub, 32h.
- campagnolo record rear hub, 36h.
- campagnolo record skewer set.
- sun m13ii 700c polished clincher rims.
- sapim race spokes.
- sunrace chromed 14-28t 7-speed freewheel.
- cinelli giro d'italia 64-38 drop bars.
- cinelli stem (85mm).
- kkt top run pedals.
- christophe clips.
- velo orange leather straps and toe clip leathers.
- velo orange stainless retro bottle cage, clamps.
- brooks b17 saddle.
- panaracer pasela tires, 700x28c.
- fizik microfiber bar tape, honey.
- kmc x8 chain.
- carradice zipped roll, green.

key: 1960 60 schwinn paramount touring lug lugged steel not chromoly reynolds 531 22 22" 56 56cm fully overhauled rebuilt refurbished vintage classic 'merica! usa! usa! blue 700