View Single Post
Old 06-22-21, 11:34 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
I got a used Giant Pudd'n 16" bike for my daughter when she was 3 for I think $45. She eventually outgrew it. I pulled the pedals and my son used it as a balance bike in addition to a 16" bike I got for him (Trek this time, also used, also about $50) when he was 3. My daughter moved on to a 24" bike at age 6 - she was tall but it was too much for her for the first year or so and my son moved on to a 20" bike at age 6 (a better fit). Those first 2 16" bikes, I spent about $100 on total for the pair and just got $50 back by selling them on Facebook Marketplace. The kids' current bikes were also used (both Giants), that I got in like new condition for less than 1/3 retail and will probably both be sold when the kids outgrow them (my daughter's might get handed down to my son first). Since those were birthday presents, my kids, not me, will get the money, but they'll probably sell for not less than half what I paid for them unless the kids totally trash them. Buying decent quality used means you'll get something that lasts and might get a chunk of that back when your kids outgrow them. A Huffy is more disposable, and you won't get as much back.