Old 06-22-21, 03:52 PM
AriKona

Bikes: Vitus 979 and Schwinn 3rd Ave.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ORIGINAL John Tesh Music from the Tour De France available.

With the Tour de France coming up, I was doing a little reading in the forum. Several threads involved the original music that John Tesh composed for the CBS coverage of the Tour de France in 1986. I happened to have been at the Coors Classic where John was doing the commentary for CBS. He had a table with a bunch of cassettes on it that he was selling. They are the original Music from the Tour de France that never made it to CD in its entirety. (Yes, I have both CDs that were pressed and, trust me, they don't have all the songs from the original cassette. Since then, I have upgraded my audio equipment a lot. Now I have the ability to digitize the songs on the cassette to just about any audio codec you could imagine (I use 320kbps MP3s myself, but can do anything from wav to ogg, to flac).

I didn't list this under the marketplace as I do not own the copyright to any of the music so can only provide it as files without charge. You can then burn to CD if you want or simply load it on to your MP3 player for when you are listening to your headphones (I won't say 'on the bike' as I don't advocate not being aware of your surroundings).

OK, so here is the tracklist of the songs: 01 Tour Theme 4:17, 02 Historique 5:52, 03 7-Eleven 87 3:30, 04 Road Made for Animals 3:01, 05 The Start House 2:15, 06 The Stutter 3:09, 07 In the Hunt 2:38, 08 Paris Roubaix 2:08, 09 The Descent 4:07, 10 Brain Dead Weasel 1:54, 11 Bastille Day in Pau 4:05, 12 The Yellow Jersey 3:07, 13 Action Adventure Series 3:04, 14 The Berlin Wall 2:19, 15 Head Clobbers 2:53

Hopefully, this can be the one point in the forum where anyone who wants the information about it or the sound files of the music can find it. I saw many rabbit holes in the several postings, so hope this will help.

Again, I do not hold the copyright so will not charge for the files. If I find that providing them free of charge is in violation of any forum policy, I will withdraw the post.

Contact me through this forum for security and privacy. Thank you.

Don aka AriKona (I am not a newbie other than to this forum. I have been a serious bicyclist since 1984, a USCF and UMCA race official and League of American Bicyclists Effective Cycling Instructor since 1986.)

P.S. I have attempted to upload a picture of the cassette as an attachment and inline without success, so you will just have to believe me.

Last edited by AriKona; 06-22-21 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Corret the notion that I am a "newbie".