View Single Post
Old 06-23-21, 02:54 PM
sd5782 

Bikes: 1964 Frejus,1972 Fuji Newest, 1973 Schwinn Super Sport, 1983 Trek 700, 1985 Ironman, 1985 Torpado, 1983 Peugeot UO14, 1989 Miyata 1000LT and others

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 169 Posts
Pics

All those suggestions make too much sense, but I may ultimately get there in the end. As we all know, the various paths enlighten us, and occasionally we glom onto something that we wouldn't have unless we went a crazy direction in the first place. So French Canadian it is for a bit until I learn better or get tired of banging my head into a wall.What fun is it doing things the sensible way anyhow. Once I learn some stuff, I will then be educated at least a bit into things from another dimension.

Dirty, as purchased 1983 UO 14

Pretty drivetrain

Even going to try the Simplex RD

Not too pretty modern hub

Doesn't match the front one

That was as received. Bike is probably very functional after some cleanup and lubes and such. Who can stand mismatched wheels on a vintage bike though?

Ouch on a few spokes

Time to learn some wheel building

The rims were very nice front and back

So that is where I am. Initial investment was cheap. A used hub is cheap. Education is priceless, but often costly. In this case though education cost will be minimal in $$$ but just a bit of time.
Likes For sd5782: