View Single Post
Old 02-22-06, 08:04 PM
Sprocket Man
Prefers Aluminum

Bikes: Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raketmensch
I recently visited Oahu and got out on the road twice. The first was from the Waikiki area out to Makapuu point and back. Good roads, but lots of traffic. The second was over on the north shore, out toward Kaena Point. The roads aren't nearly as good there, but there's a lot less traffic, especially once you get west of Waialua. The road toward Kaena Point doesn't go all the way to the point itself, so it's essentially a road to nowhere... meaning few cars. No hills to speak of, but it's a nice ride.
The road from Waialua to the trailhead at Kaena point is pretty beat up, isn't it? The last time I was out there, we passed by the set of "Lost". This was when they just started to film - the show had not yet aired on TV. We saw the wrecked plane. Even though it was a set, it gave me the chills because it looked so real. When I go out that side, I take my mountainbike so that I don't have to stop once the road ends.