Mark Stone
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
Here in portland it got to 105 yesterday and doe to get to 115 today. My wife got home around 2 and we wanted to ride the 6 miles to the river on our e tandem. most of the ride was on a bike path that tends to be cooler with all the vegetation. but getting there was bad my garmin hit a peak of 118 till we got on the path ands it got to 102 so much better. we went wading and cooled off and got our hair and jerseys wet. the ride home only peaked around 105. the river was 99 we were wobbly when we got there and wobbly when we got home. so we took showers and lives in our ac cooled bedroom. the front of our house peaked at 114 the shade 104. our house was 92 at 9pm. today is going to be worse. so we are doing all our rides this morning and will grab lunch at a Chinese place then live in the bedroom or visit our daughter they have some ac in their living room.

(photos clipped for brevity)
Wow! The heat in the northwest is amazing. When it gets too hot in my little city (El Paso), I just head over to the local Planet Fitness and ride one of their stationary recumbents. However, occasionally I feel like riding through the heat, and it's pretty easy if I limit the time on the road and drink drink drink drink water. But as I age (I'm 68) that's getting more and more rare. Y'all take care of yourselves until it cools off a bit!!