View Single Post
Old 06-28-21, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
What isn't moving? Can you pull on the bare cable going along the down tube and cause the FDR to shift? If so, your problem would seem to be on the other end and several of the things that jccaclimber mentioned. One might well be the slight bend where the cables in front of the head tube intertwine. S curves in cable runs can add to cable friction. The other being that it appears the plastic sheathing has been trimmed back from the housing ends which might let those strands pinch the cable in the ferrules when the cable is pulled.

And just to be sure.... you are turning the crank while trying to shift aren't you? Sorry, I feel compelled to ask as it has been a duh moment for others.
Thanks for the response. Yes definitely turning the crank to shift. Not sure what happened with that shift cable other than possibly using a brake cable feral. As you guys saw a few of those linear strands of metal somehow erupted out of the end. I imagine it occurred when I was really reefing on it trying to figure out why I was so dang tight. I decided to use a little longer cable housing and a new cable and new Farrell's and it seems to be shifting pretty well now.