View Single Post
Old 06-28-21, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ClydeClydeson
THe problem is visible in the pictures, and is mentioned in one of the first responses. OP has the cable routed incorrectly at the derailleur.

There is a washer under the pinch bolt that has a little tab facing the centre line of the bike. THe cable is supposed to go OVER this tab then pulled down between the washer and the actuation arm of the derailleur. The way it is set up now gives much less leverage for the cable to use to actuate the derailleur, so much higher tension than normal is in the cable, which has damaged the housing and given it that crazy deformed shape.
Get out of town. The cable is supposed to go over the tab? Wow, I didn't really expect that. To me it seemed like it should be pinched behind the tab. Okay well I might try to rearrange that routing. I'm sure there's not too many ways to do it incorrectly but if there is I'll find it as I apparently have. Any picture image diagram on the internet that you can point to I'm a bit of a visual learner. Thank you though cuz it is still a little harder to shift than I'm hoping for and if we can get any easier that would be advantageous. PS he's in the microphone to spell the stuff out on mobile is most helpful. Over.

Here's a pic..

Last edited by 269523; 06-28-21 at 10:36 PM.